The University of Scranton's Office of Community Relations extends a warm welcome to our neighbors. We invite you to engage - as individuals, community leaders, non-profit organizations and businesses - with the University's students, faculty and staff, and to join in the many exciting events, programs and activities taking place on our campus.
Connect with the University
Find out how the University can serve you and how you can become part of University life.
Area middle school and high school students can test their science, physics, math, art and writing skills at several academic competitions scheduled this spring at The University of Scranton. Competitions include the Brain Bee for neuroscience, Women’s History Month Essay competition, Earth Day essay competition and art contest, Stock Market Game, Computer Science Programming Contest, Kane Competition for physics and engineering, and the Integration Bee for mathematics.
Neighbor Night in Collaboration with Lackawanna Historical Society
The University is hosting a special collaborative Neighbor Night in cooperation with the Lackawanna Historical Society on Wednesday, April 9 at 7 p.m. at the Caitlin House. Read more.
Campus & Neighborhood
See below for the latest news on what’s physically happening on campus.
University Breaks Ground on New Center for Rehabilitation Education
- The University officially broke ground on its new eight-story, 116,000 square foot center for rehabilitation education on Nov. 14. The state-of-the-art $47.5 million facility incorporates the latest technology and teaching/learning environments for the departments of physical therapy, occupational therapy and exercise science. Read more about the project. Updates about Pedestrian/Vehicular Traffic. New walkway open on Jefferson Avenue.
- Mar. 7 & 9: "She Loves Me" presented by The University of Scranton Players.
- through Mar. 14: Exhibit: "Women for the Arts"
- through Apr. 17: Exhibit: "The Mutiny on the Bounty: A 225-Year Voyage from Fiction to Fact."
- through May 16: Exhibit: "TAG: Works by Susan Scranton Dawson and You."
- Mar. 3: Schemel Forum Luncheon: "Obama and the World Historical Perspective."
- Mar. 4: International Women's Day Lecture: "Yinyang: The Way of Ways."
- Mar. 5: Performance Music: "Steve Fidyk and Friends CD Release Concert."
- Mar. 8: "In Recital" Special guests, The North Pocono Steel Drum Project.
- 2014 Community Relations Calendar