The University of Scranton's Office of Community Relations extends a warm welcome to our neighbors. We invite you to engage - as individuals, community leaders, non-profit organizations and businesses - with the University's students, faculty and staff, and to join in the many exciting events, programs and activities taking place on our campus.
Connect with the University
Find out how the University can serve you and how you can become part of University life.
The University of Scranton and community partners have a chance to win $1,000 from Pennsylvania American Water's Community Investment Challenge to support the Downtown Scranton Spring Planter Beautification Project.
Your Scranton Story
Whether you're a student, alumnus, faculty or staff member, or a member of the community, we'd love to hear your Scranton story. Our history is made up of the individual stories of the people whose lives are touched by the University and who hae all contributed to make it the special place that it is today. Read more.
Campus & Neighborhood
See below for the latest news on what’s physically happening on campus.
University Breaks Ground on New Center for Rehabilitation Education
- The University officially broke ground on its new eight-story, 116,000 square foot center for rehabilitation education on Nov. 14. The state-of-the-art $47.5 million facility incorporates the latest technology and teaching/learning environments for the departments of physical therapy, occupational therapy and exercise science. Read more about the project. Updates about Pedestrian/Vehicular Traffic.
- Dec. 3: Weinberg Mem. Library 20th Anniversary Lecture: McDade Ctr. for Literary Perf. Arts. Free, 5:30 p.m.
- Dec. 4: Empty Stocking Fund Benefit Concert, Admission: one new toy or piece of children's clothing, or cash donation. Houlihan-McLean Center, 7:30 p.m.
- Dec. 7: University of Scranton Juried Student Exhibition public reception, Hope Horn Gallery, Hyland Hall. Free, 6 p.m.
- Dec. 25: The University of Scranton Christmas Breakfast, Fresh Food Company, third floor, DeNaples Center. Free, 8-11 a.m.
- 2014 Community Relations Calendar