The University of Scranton
Kania School of Management
Student Learning Goals and Objectives
Each student will be skilled in
recognizing (dealing with) the implications of integrated business processes in
managing the enterprise.
- Students will analyze ineffective business
practices that result from poorly integrated business processes.
- Students will formulate sound proposals for
improving integrated business processes.
Each student will be ethical, socially responsible,
and just when making business decisions.
- Students will evaluate business decisions within an
- Students will critique business decisions on the
basis of social responsibility.
- Students will evaluate business decisions with
regard to their impacts on environmental sustainability
Each student will be capable of
synthesizing/analyzing information as to make sound business decisions.
- Students will apply a systematic approach to
solving business problems.
- Students will evaluate financial statements and
documents to support business decisions
- Students will use appropriate technologies in
gathering and analyzing data relevant to managerial decision-making
Each student will be a gatekeeper, trained to scan
the global environment of business, identify current trends in the industry,
and disseminate information throughout the firm.
- Students will analyze the impact of global business
issues on specific management situations.
- Students will relate current global events to
emerging business opportunities.
Each student will be a leader and/or manager who
understands group dynamics and is capable of influencing others to achieve
- Students will demonstrate appropriate group
techniques to lead a team task that results in effective performance
- Students will demonstrate effective leadership
skills in a group project.